Sell or Trade Your Pre-Owned Luxury Watch
Get the Best Possible Price on Your Fine Watch
Thinking about selling your luxury watch? Invite Swiss Watch Expo to make an offer. We purchase pre-owned watches of all luxury brands, including Rolex, Cartier, Patek Philippe, Omega and Breitling (the list on the left shows all of the brands we buy and sell).
We will offer you the very best price possible on your fine watch, and you can usually have your money within 24 hours. Dealing with Swiss Watch Expo is always risk-free, worry-free and hassle-free, thanks to our simple process and our impeccable reputation.
Why Trust Swiss Watch Expo? We are a family-owned business that has been buying and selling fine luxury watches for years. We operate a successful Atlanta showroom and have many happy customers throughout Atlanta and the Southeast. Since opening our online marketplace, we now have many satisfied customers around the world.
Our reputation for quality and service is legendary. Our owner, Jake, is a Rolex-trained third-generation watchmaker. All of our staff, technicians and appraisers are trained and knowledgeable professionals. We are going to treat you well, because we want you to be so happy with your experience with us, that the next time you want a luxury watch, you will return to Swiss Watch Expo.
OUR SIMPLE 5-POINT PROCESS TO SELL OR TRADE YOUR WATCH
1. Complete the form below:
Tell us about your watch by completing the form at the bottom of this page. It takes less than 5 minutes. Not sure if you want to sell? That’s OK. Interested in trading for another item in our inventory? That’s fine, too. Either way, the first step is to find out what your watch is worth. Just complete the form below and we will send you a quote. It’s easy and it’s free!
2. We send a quote:
Our in-house appraisers will evaluate the information you provide us and prepare an initial quote, which we will send to you by email. The initial quote is usually a range: the minimum and maximum we will pay for your watch, contingent upon our actual inspection.
3. We inspect your watch:
If you decide to proceed, the next step is for us to inspect your watch. If you live in the Atlanta area, bring your watch by our beautiful showroom at 3710 Peachtree Road. No appointment is necessary. If you are farther away, we will send you (by email or regular mail) a pre-paid label to use to ship your watch to us. We will cover the cost of shipping and insurance. Of course, when you send your watch, include everything you have -- the original box, original papers, etc. -- plus a note with your name, address, telephone number and email address.
4. We reach an agreement:
After we have inspected your watch, we will telephone with a final quote. The final quote will be within the range of our initial quote, unless your watch does not match the description you originally gave us.
5. We pay you within 24 hours:
If you accept our offer, we will pay you within 24 hours by sending an overnight check or wiring a deposit to your bank account. If you want to trade, you can apply the entire price toward any item in our inventory. If you decide not to accept our offer, we will return your watch immediately, and we will once again cover the cost of shipping and insurance.
ARE YOU CONSIDERNG EBAY, CRAIGSLIST, OTHER ONLINE DEALERS OR A LOCAL JEWELER?
There is nothing worse than trying to sell your luxury watch to someone who doesn’t know what it is truly worth. That is why you will almost certainly get a better offer from Swiss Watch Expo than from someone on eBay, Craigslist, another online dealer or a local jeweler. Swiss Watch Expo is one of the largest dealers of luxury watches in the Southeast and online. We buy and sell luxury watches every day. We know the true value of your treasured timepiece.
Our business model is high volume and repeat business. Our global market, our large family of repeat customers and our high volume of business enables us to buy your watch without giving you a low-ball offer. We want you to be so happy with your Swiss Watch Expo experience that you return to us when you are ready to buy another fine watch. We have many loyal repeat customers; we want you to become one of them.
Thinking About EBay?
Before you try to sell your watch on eBay, consider these questions:
- Do you know the right price to ask? Are you sure? If not, you run a huge risk of underselling your luxury timepiece.
- How will the prospective buyer inspect your watch? Nobody is going to give you thousands of dollars without a personal inspection. Are you willing to ship your watch to a stranger?
- Many eBay shoppers have been burned by fraudulent eBay transactions. That means many eBay shoppers are wary, especially when it comes to expensive luxury items like your watch. That is certainly not the atmosphere in which you are most likely to get a top price for your watch.
- Do you really want to pay all of eBay’s fees? Do you know about eBay’s “insertion fee,” its “reserve price fee,” its “PayPal fee,” and its "final value fee?" The final value fee is 9% of the sales price, up to $250. Do you really want to pay a huge tax to eBay to sell your luxury watch?
- Does your watch require servicing or reconditioning? You sure won’t get the best price if you try to sell it “as is” on the open market. But do you really want to pay a watchmaker to repair and/or recondition your watch Just sell it to us. We can perform the necessary improvements in our in-house repair center, so we are able to offer you the best possible price on a watch that may need a little work.
- To display an item properly on eBay, especially a luxury watch, requires the right camera and lighting equipment and the skill to use them to feature your watch attractively. Do you have the equipment and skill to do your watch justice? Do you really want to pay a photographer to do it for you?
Thinking About Craigslist?
Before you try to sell your watch on Craigslist, consider these questions:
- Do you know the true value of your watch? Are you ready to negotiate knowledgeably? If not, you run a huge risk of underselling your luxury timepiece.
- Craigslist is not just one website, it is hundreds of websites for hundreds of local markets. Do you really want to limit your sale to your local market?
- Do you want to invite a stranger you met on Craigslist to come into your home to inspect your watch? We recommend that you do an Internet search on “Craigslist + crime.” The very first page of search results will certainly convince you that Craigslist is definitely not the best way to sell your luxury timepiece.
- Are you comfortable meeting a stranger locally, when the only thing you know about the person is that they are interested in your valuable watch?
- If your watch needs any servicing or repairs, the same logic applies as explained above about eBay. Your best chance to get the best price on a watch that needs some work is to sell it to us, since we can have our technicians do the repairs in-house.
- How will you receive payment? Will you accept a stranger’s large check? Will you require that they pay such a large sum in cash?
Thinking About Another Online Watch Dealer?
Most online watch dealers are not selling watches they personally purchased from the previous owners. Most dealers obtain their pre-owned inventory from watch buyers, who search for deep discounts from unwitting watch owners. The watch buyers then pay to have the watches repaired and/or reconditioned before selling them to online dealers. Of course, the price increases every time the watch changes hands. That’s why most online luxury watch dealers have much higher prices than Swiss Watch Expo.
At Swiss Watch Expo, we never use any "middlemen." We purchase the watches we sell directly from their previous owners. Our trained staff do all of the repairs and reconditioning ourselves. We operate our own Atlanta showroom and our own online marketplace. All of this enables us to offer you the best possible price on your watch, because we don’t have to split the proceeds with anyone else.
Thinking About a Local Jeweler?
A local jeweler is usually the worst place to go to get a good price on your pre-owned luxury watch. Why? Your local jeweler probably has no actually training or experience with luxury watches, so he or she is just not able to give you an accurate appraisal. Also, your local jeweler is limited to the local market, which has an obvious impact on the price he or she is able to offer you. The likely outcome is almost certainly a lower offer than you deserve. In addition, many local retailers are only willing to offer a trade or store credit.
Unlike your local jeweler, Swiss Watch Expo specializes in nothing else but fine luxury timepieces. This is our specialty. If you want to receive genuine value on your watch, you are much better off dealing with the experts. Let Swiss Watch Expo pay you what your watch is really worth. Our owner and staff are trained watch technicians who can accurately appraise your watch's true value. Our access to the global market enables us to get the best possible price, which means we can give you the best possible price.
FORM TO SELL OR TRADE YOUR WATCH
You will have none of these worries dealing with Swiss Watch Expo. Our impeccable reputation is our most treasured possession. We are eager to add you to our family of satisfied customers, by offering the best price we possible can on your luxury watch.
If you would like us to prepare and submit a quote on your watch, please complete this form. Provide as much detail as possible so we can give you an accurate quote.